Below is a sample of the elementary quiz recommended for 4th grade and below.
Click here to print a pdf version of the quiz.
Click here to print a pdf version of the quiz with answers.
A Legendary Quiz of Kansas Legends
Elementary Version (Recommended for 4th Grade and Below)
1. In what city is The Legends located?
A. Kansas City, Kansas
B. Kansas City, Missouri
C. Overland Park, Kansas
D. Wyandotte County, Kansas
2. What type of music is Kansas City famous for?
D. All of the above.
3. Name one of the greatest and most successful professional golfers that is from Mission Hills, Kansas:
A. Tiger Woods
B. Tom Watson
C. George Brett
D. Arnold Palmer
4. Name the first African-American coach in Major League Baseball from Kansas City:
A. Hank Aaron
B. Jackie Robinson
C. Buck O'Neil
D. None of the above
5. Name the inventor of basketball that was also a professor and physician at Kansas University:
A. Dr. John Nilly
B. Albert Einstein
C. Alexander Graham Bell
D. Dr. James Naismith
6. Name the astronomer that discovered Pluto after studying the night sky from his boyhood home in Burdett, Kansas:
A. Clyde Vernon Cessna
B. Jack St. Clair Kilby
C. Clyde Tombaugh
D. Walter Chrysler
7. Name the aviator from Atchison, Kansas that was the first woman passenger to cross the Atlantic by plane:
A. Lynette Woodward
B. Amelia Earhart
C. Elizabeth Layton
D. Gwendolyn Brooks
8. Name the Marshall of Dodge City that is known for "laying down the law" and the famous gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, Arizona:
A. Wyatt Earp
B. Doc Holliday
C. Bat Masterson
D. Virgil Earp
9. What are these Kansas state symbols?
Kansas state amphibian _________________________
Kansas state animal _________________________
Kansas state insect _________________________
Kansas state bird _________________________
Kansas state reptile _________________________
Kansas state tree _________________________
Kansas state flower _________________________
10. What was the first national hamburger chain which was founded in Wichita, Kansas in 1921?
C. White Castle
D. Burger King
11. Who was the 34th President of the United States that was raised in Abilene, Kansas?
A. Herbert Hoover
B. Dwight D. Eisenhower
C. Abraham Lincoln
D. Theodore Roosevelt
12. Who was the artist that started at the age of 68 and was nicknamed "Grandma"?
A. Elizabeth Layton
B. Mona Lisa
C. Susanna Madora Salter
D. Carol Marinovich