Legends Outlets Kansas City is joining forces with the Kansas City Kansas Police Department to collect donations for its COPPS Unit food and gift drive. From Nov. 1 – Dec. 11, Legends Outlets will accept donations in the management office during operating hours, and in the security office after-hours. The annual fundraiser will provide families in the community policing program with day-to-day necessities, food items and gifts during a special Christmas celebration on Dec. 13.
To kick off the partnership, Legends Outlets will donate more than 400 reusable hand warmers and 130 blankets to the KCKPD holiday drive. Members of the COPPS Unit will receive the blankets, which are part of Legends Outlets partnership with Capitol Federal®, during a special presentation at the Legendary Tree Lighting Ceremony on Nov. 18. According to the KCKPD, the COPPS Unit is looking forward to giving a blanket to each family in the program. The unit also said they will put extra blankets and hand warmers in patrol cars to give to those in need throughout winter.
Legends Outlets Drop-Off Locations
Legends Outlets will provide a convenient location for community members and local businesses to drop-off their wish-list items between Nov. 1 and Dec 11. The center also offers one-stop shopping for guests seeking to purchase and donate wish-list items in one quick trip.
Legends Outlets will accept donations in the management office, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. The Legends Outlets management office is located on the ground level, immediately south of the parking garage and below Dave & Buster’s. After management office hours, guests can leave donations at the security office. Security is open 24/7 with a walk-up window located on the ground level of the parking garage (near the elevator).
Legends Outlets will also accept donations at its VIP tent in the center courtyard from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, during its 13th annual tree lighting ceremony.
KCKPD Holiday Drive Wish List Items
• New, unwrapped toys for children of all ages
• Fun, family-friendly activities such as movie tickets, and/or passes to sports
• Gift cards or certificates from Legends Outlets retailers and restaurants
• New sheets, towels, pillows and blankets for twin and full-sized beds, cribs and toddler beds
• New, unopened full-sized and travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving cream and razors
• Baby and children’s bath supplies
Household Cleaning Items
• Laundry and dish detergent
• Mops and brooms
• Bleach and disinfectant wipes
• Cleaners for windows, floors and furniture
• Cereal and instant oatmeal
• Crackers and soups
• Fruit cups and fruit bars
• Microwaveable meals
• Pasta and marinara sauce
• Peanut butter and jelly
• Rice, ramen noodles and instant rice and pastas
• Canned fruits, vegetables, soups, meats (tuna/chicken) and pastas
• Hot chocolate
• Granola bars
For more information about the KCKPD COPPS Unit holiday drive, please visit www.kckpd.org, or contact Officer Elaine Moore via email at email@example.com.