The holiday shopping season is almost here, and like nearly everything else in 2020, the experience at Legends Outlets will differ from years’ past. To ensure the health and safety of its retailers, guests and employees, holiday plans have been adjusted to align with community safety measures recommended by the Wyandotte County Health Department.
In lieu of a Tree Lighting event, Legends Outlets will offer smaller activations throughout the season and encourage shoppers to experience the Christmas tree light and music show anytime they visit the center. The activations, which include a themed selfie station, movies on The Lawn, character appearances, text-to-win giveaways, and more, limit person-to-person contact and serve as a way for shoppers to enjoy the holiday season in a safe, socially distanced environment.
Additionally, Legends Outlets will continue to operate under modified hours throughout the holiday season, including Black Friday. This year, the center is closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, for Thanksgiving, and opens at 8 a.m. on Nov. 27 for Black Friday shopping.
Additional holiday plans are as follows:
ONGOING HOLIDAY EXPERIENCES
Christmas Tree Light Show
• When: Nov. 20 – Dec. 28 (during center hours)
• Where: The Civic Courtyard Fountain
Shoppers are invited to experience Legends Outlets’ tree light display on their own time this holiday season. Beginning Nov. 20, festive decorations synchronized to holiday music will light up the 45-foot holiday tree in the Civic Courtyard and shall continue daily. Shoppers are encouraged to share their festive photos at Legends Outlets using #LegendsHoliday.
Santa Mail Station
• When: Saturday, Nov. 14 – Sunday, Dec. 20 (during center hours)
• Where: Civic Courtyard, near the AMC entrance
Santa’s elves are teaming up with Legends Outlets this year to make sure Santa receives your child’s wish list. Children are invited to drop their letters in Santa’s mailbox which is located near the AMC entrance. Please make sure to include a return address so Santa can write back. If you don’t have a letter and your child is interested in writing to Santa, templates are available at Books-A-Million and the Legends Outlets management office.
Sleigh Selfie Station
• When: Friday, Nov. 20 – Dec 26 (during center hours)
• Where: The Lawn
Stationed in The Lawn, Santa’s sleigh is available for photos during center hours throughout the holiday season.
Festive Photo Stations
Share your festive pics using #LegendsHoliday so we can continue to spread the holiday cheer. Photo opps include the following:
• 4 painted window scenes – Starting on the west side, scenes & locations are as follows: Winter scene (by Journeys), Santa & his Elves (by Hollister), Naughty or Nice (by Panera), and Whoville (by Rack Room Shoes)
• Hedge wall backdrop that pays homage to Home Alone (Center Courtyard next to Sunglass Hut)
Additional photo opportunities at Legends Outlets this holiday season include a giant snow globe (Dec. 5), and festive greetings in giant LED letters (Dec 19-20). Please visit the Events page for a list of all the holiday photo opps that will be available at Legends Outlets.
Movies on The Lawn
• When: Weekends starting Nov. 27 and the entire week before Christmas
• Where: The Lawn
Titles include Home Alone, Elf, Frozen, The Grinch, Polar Express, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and more. Please check the Events page for a schedule of holiday movies on The Lawn.
• When: Select days in November and December
• Where: Center-wide
Please check the Events page for a list of characters coming to Legends Outlets this holiday season.
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING
• When: Friday, Nov. 27: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Legends Outlets is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, and opens at 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 27, for Black Friday shopping*. This year, Black Friday will include text-to-win giveaways, roaming character appearances, holiday movie screenings on The Lawn, special savings, and more. Please visit the Events page for more information about Black Friday.
*While Legends Outlets will officially remain closed on Thanksgiving Day, some store and restaurant hours may vary. Please call individual retailers to inquire about operating hours on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26.
• Monday-Friday: 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
• Sunday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving): CLOSED
• Friday, Nov. 27: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 28: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 18 – Saturday, Dec. 19: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 20: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Monday, Dec. 21 – Tuesday, Dec. 22: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Wednesday, Dec. 23: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve): 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 25 (Christmas): CLOSED
• Thursday, Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve): 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Friday, Jan 1 (New Year’s Day): 11 a.m.-6 p.m.