Support and maintain the integrity of the Vera Bradley “experience” through exceptional customer service, upholding store image standards, maximizing sales and assisting in store operational needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Note: Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage the guest and enhance her Experience through product awareness and team selling
- Treat all Vera Bradley employees and guests with respect and maintain a positive work environment
- Drive store results through add on selling and conversion that meet the guest’s wants and needs
- Maintain Vera Bradley brand standards through assistance in visual merchandising excellence
- Help to maintain a clean, organized and inviting environment for the customer
- Maintain organization of stock room
- Ability to accurately process transactions in an professional manner
- Comply with all established company policies and procedures
- Process sales transactions utilizing POS system
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate preferred
- Prior retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience with retail POS system a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Polite and professional
- Exceptional sales skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The environmental and physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
- Must be able to work with strong fragrances and scents in the form of eau de toilette, burning candles, bath and shower gel, body lotion, hand cream and bar soap throughout the work day.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Consistently lift 10-35 lbs; occasionally lift up to 55 lbs with the ability to push or pull more than 55 lbs.
- Incentive eligible position, based on achievement of company and store metrics
- Generous product discount
- Volunteer paid time off
- Pet insurance
- EAP with access to work/life wellness support including no cost unlimited telephonic counseling services
- Holistic wellness program providing no cost access to a variety of financial, physical and mental wellness experts
- Professional development assistance and resources
- Matching charitable donations and leadership grants
- Employee Referral Program
- DailyPay option for wage payment
- 4 weeks of VB paid family leave (minimum annual hours requirement)
- 401k with generous company match, immediate vesting (service and age requirement)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
To apply for this job please visit verabradley.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.