With the state of Kansas on the path to recovery, Legends Outlets is working on plans to safely reopen the shopping center. The health and safety of its retailers, guests and employees remains to be the top priority, and the center will implement many new social distancing and community safety measures recommended by the Wyandotte County Health Department.
During the mandatory stay at home order, Legends Outlets remained focused on deep sanitization throughout the center. They introduced a hospital-grade touchless sanitation machine to increase cleanliness and productivity to common areas, restrooms and corridors. They also used this time to make updates and improvements around the center, such as:
• Sandblasting and repainting benches, stairwells, poles, and railings
• Power washing all trellises and awnings
• Enhancing landscaping
• Installing new LED lights in the parking garage
• Repairing concrete around the center
As expected, the shopping experience will be a bit different for guests the next time they visit. As Legends Outlets prepares to reopen the center to meet the needs of the community, they are taking the following steps to place health and safety above all else:
• Working with the security team to control access and flow of traffic through the center and to pinpoint high areas of concentration throughout the center and parking lots
• Encouraging social distancing throughout the center; using signage and decals to help customers practice social distancing
• Requiring retailers and restaurants to reconfigure their spaces to accommodate the 6-foot social distancing recommendations
• Restructuring common areas to safely provide comfort and enjoyment with proper social distancing
• Installing no-touch step and pulls on all restroom doors
• Closing levels two and three of the parking garages; closing the escalators and elevators
• Turning off drinking fountains
• Installing hand sanitizer stations throughout the center to ensure employees and guests have access as needed
• Providing masks and gloves for employees
• Offering free onsite temperature checks, disposable masks and sanitizer wipes for guests upon request
The center has also implemented an aggressive disinfecting regimen on top of its already rigorous cleaning schedule. Housekeeping and security partners have added additional hours and equipment for cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day as well as after-hours, with a focus on high-touch points and high-traffic surfaces.
Several stores at Legends Outlets will be re-opening as early as May 18. Some retailers will be operating under alternate hours or may be opening at a later date, and others are working on plans that will allow shoppers to place their order over the phone and pick up in-store. Legends Outlets will continue to update its website with details as those plans become finalized. Essential businesses including restaurants remain open for curbside pickup, carryout and delivery services only. Please click here, or contact individual restaurants for more information. A full list of restaurants and phone numbers can be found here.
For a list of retailers currently open, click here.
To see a list of our frequently asked questions, click here.