Holiday parties are right around the corner and that means presents and party games. One of the most popular gift games is White Elephant, also known as Yankee Swap or Dirty Santa. The more fun the gifts, the more fun the game! Legends Outlets has an endless supply of gift ideas to make your holiday gift exchange the most wonderful time if the year!
According to WhiteElephantRules.com, here’s how it works:
- Each player brings a wrapped gift to a common pool. The gift organizer should provide what type of gift people should bring, (ie: funny gifts, gifts under a certain dollar amount, kitchen essentials, etc,)
- Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in. Alternately, the organizer can draw participant’s names to determine order.
- Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile.
- The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it.
- The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
- To keep things moving along there are a couple of limits on gift swapping:
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end, (otherwise things could drag on for a long time).
- After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else, (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
1 – Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone, Home Goods
One of the most popular gift exchange items, it’s a party on the go! This karaoke microphone connects to any Bluetooth device and is super-easy to use. Jazz up any party, outdoor activity or use it for singing practice. It’s a fun way to liven up any crowd and share happiness with friends and family. Multiple brands with different functions available at Home Goods.
2 – Fun Socks, Attic Salt
Your shoes now have something to be excited about! Send a message without saying a word with colorful and clever designs like “When Pigs Fly”, “Mom Life” or “Space Cats”. These fun accessories come in a wide variety for men and women and range from funny to frisky.
3 – Party Games, BAM
Classic party games are always a hit! It’s a great way to liven up a gathering, learn about your friends and family, have loads of laughs and make memories you will have for a lifetime. Choose from an almost unlimited varieties of different games at BAM!
4 – Blanket, Eddie Bauer
Everyone loves a soft blanket, especially to snuggle up with during the holiday season. It’s a wonderful life having a silent night in front of the fire while dreaming of a white Christmas with this assortment of fleece blankets from Eddie Bauer, because baby, it’s cold outside!
5 – Hello Kitty Slippers, Forever 21
Be prepared for squeals and giggles when this gift is unwrapped. These iconic Hello Kitty slippers will be stolen more than once at your holiday gift exchange! They are not just cute, they are comfy.
6 – Cookie Making Set, Home Goods
If you don’t already make holiday cookies with your kids, you will now with this fashionable cookie making set. With the bowl, whisk, spatula and cookie cutters, all you need is grandma’s famous recipe to whip up cookies that will make Santa blush when he brings the gifts down the chimney.
7 – Mani/Pedi Gift Card, Nail Envy
An in-demand gift for both men and women. Get your hands and feet in great shape for the holiday season with a manicure and pedicure from Nail Envy. Your fingers will look fantastic while ripping open those holiday gifts!
8 – The Good Stuff, Topsy’s Popcorn
The holiday treat that can’t be beat! Topsy’s popcorn is THE Kansas City gift to give and receive. Inside is three-gifts in one, with a variety of popcorn flavors, including caramel, cinnamon and cheese. The iconic tins come in a variety of designs and are a fourth present, because they are the perfect container to store things in, like dog or cat food.
9 – Chiefs Hat, Lids
Popular with men and women, no one can have enough Chiefs hats! With Andy Reed steering the ship, the duo of Mahomes and Kelce, and especially our new famous fan, Taylor Swift, football will be the thing in KC for a long, long time. Lids has styles for everyone.
10 – Grand Tote, Vera Bradley
A bag for every occasion and in any color! Vera Bradley is well known for colorful, well-made bags that come in a variety of styles. This Grand Tote bag is an eye catcher and perfect for the gal on the go. Big enough to carry everything and designed to fit comfortably over the shoulder, it is a great shopping companion.
11 – Olaplex Vibrant Shine Healthy Hair Kit, Sephora
More holiday parties mean more hair-do’s. Blow drying, curling irons and flat irons can take a toll on hair. Keep it in shape throughout the season with this Olaplex bundle. You might want to buy one for your give away gift and one for yourself. Your hair will thank you!
12 – Christmas Decorations, Home Goods
Popular at White Elephant gift exchanges, these reindeer can be used right away to decorate this season. A regal St. Nicholas, holiday mugs and a countdown to Christmas are just a few of the many other holiday treasures at Home Goods.