As we step into the new year, the possibilities for growth and change are endless. Whether you want to organize your life to help clear your mind or refresh your home and fall in love with your space all over again, we’ve got you covered. It can be daunting to think about how you’re going to achieve any sort of resolution, especially if we set unrealistic expectations on ourselves. So, it’s important we make realistic goals that will truly make us feel like the best versions of ourselves. To help you get started, we have put together a list of 5 things you can do that will help you start 2024 off strong.
A clear space leads to a clear mind. Keeping a journal and/or calendar can help you create order when life starts to feel chaotic and are useful tools for writing out a plan and tracking progress. In addition to these, try out a desk organizer and a new tote to keep your things tidy. These are simple items to start using in your everyday life that can help you to feel more organized this year.
- Mushroom Lined Journal, BAM
- Lovelit Rebellious Pens, BAM
- Think Space Large Beauty Organizer, T.J. Maxx
- Work Tote Bag, Vera Bradley
- MDesign Large Square Wall Calendar, T.J. Maxx
2. Get Moving
Whether you have a specific fitness goal or simply want to feel healthier, this is the perfect time to get moving again. Feeling good looks different for everyone, so it’s important to focus on your specific goals and what you need to achieve them. Here are a few things that will make your health journey easier, no matter what goals you have.
- Barbells Protein Bar Cookies & Cream, GNC
- RS-X Glimmer Women’s Sneakers, Puma
- Gold Standard 100% Whey, GNC
- Motivational Water Bottle, Claire’s
3. Switch up your skincare
To combat wintertime’s cold, dry air – it’s important to fortify your skin with extra hydration and care. It is not necessary to undergo a complete overhaul of your skincare but adding or switching 1-2 products in your routine can make all the difference. When the humidity is low, your skin tends to lose a lot of moisture to the environment. This is why we recommend adding more hydrating products, such as this Glow Recipe toner and The Ordinary serum. It is also crucial to opt for a richer moisturizer that can lock in all that hydration. These simple changes will leave you looking glowing this year.
- Peace Out Puffy Under-Eye Patches, Sephora; Use these patches first thing when you wake up to boost hydration and minimize the appearance of fine lines, bags, and dark spots.
- Glow Recipe Cloudberry Bright Essence Toner, Sephora; Acting as gentle exfoliators, toners can drastically improve your complexion and brighten dull skin. Best part – you don’t even have to use it every day.
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum, Sephora; Think of serum as an accelerator. Let it completely soak into your skin before you apply moisturizer to add an extra level of hydration.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Hydrating Face Mask, Sephora; Face masks can be used before moisturizer and only need to be used once or twice a week. These can add an extra layer of moisture.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Lotion, The Cosmetics Company Store; This is usually the last step of your skincare routine. Moisturizer can help with blemishes and the chance of developing dry skin.
- Dermalogica, Porescreen mineral Sunscreen SPF40, Beauty Brands; Using sunscreen daily is critical to protect skin cells from damage, even in the winter. This one contains Niacinamide, which helps to minimize pores. Win-Win!
- Tower 28 Beauty SOS Daily Rescue Spray, Sephora; This mist is great to keep on-hand, especially if you’re prone to redness and irritation.
- Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil, Beauty Brands; Just like our skin, our hair needs a little extra TLC during the cold season too. This fan favorite will keep your hair soft, vibrant, and helps to reduce breakage. Bye-bye split ends!
4. Refresh home
In the spirit of bettering yourself, it is key to reflect on your space and figure out what is working and what is not. By elevating a few things, you can completely change the way you feel about your home. Because at the end of the day, we all deserve to love the space we’re living in.
- Pillow Project Wool Blend Textured Pillow, T.J. Maxx
- Art Brand Studios Rustic White Flowers Framed Wall Art, T.J. Maxx
- SOHO Living Engraved Ceramic Lamp, T.J. Maxx
- FEIZY Bellini Rug, T.J. Maxx
- Marble Top Solid Wood Accent Table, T.J. Maxx
5. Improve your style
Now that you have started to improve every aspect of your life, you must leave the house looking and feeling your best. Our favorite way to do that is with some new clothes that scream “this is my best year yet.” It is easy to get overwhelmed buying new clothes, which is why we recommend taking note of things you don’t have or might need to replace as you are getting dressed for the day. This gives you a list to refer to when shopping to ensure you’re buying things you need and will wear. This can be an on-going process that can help you to create your ideal wardrobe.